Jul 30, 2009

0 Throwbacks of the Week--July.30.09

Welcome to our 2nd installment of the Throwbacks of the Week. This is a segment that reminisces on the styles, music and movies of the good ‘ol days. Today we have a classic video from Pac, an album from Outkast’s prime, a never forgotten film collabo with Kid and Play and a jacket that everybody once sported…

The throwback video that we would like to present you with is a all time favorite, I get around by 2Pac. It seems like whenever I hear this song, I just think about summer, girls and fun. It has always been one of those songs that just made you want to jump in the video and have fun with everybody in it, especially in this particular one here. Enjoy!



Who could forget about arguably one of the best albums that to ever come out of the city of Atlanta?
These ATLiens came clutch when they released their fourth album in 2000, and it happened to be in everybody’s CD player the same day it came out. With them pushing it to #2 on the top Billboard 200, that just shows the success of this compilation. With tracks that made history (Ms. Jackson, Bombs over Baghdad, So Fresh So Clean), it’d be hard to find somebody saying that they never bumped these songs.
Classic…I might have to pop it in after I’m done writing this.


“I'm from a small town called ‘Fresh Off a Cop's Ass’, and you're making me homesick.”
LOLOL, unforgettable line that was spoken by Pops off of the first House Party. This movie depicted the life of the suburban youth at your typical house party. The reason why I chose this movie is because this is a film that you can’t go wrong with. Everything in the movie is realistic (except for the whole “rapping his way outta jail” part) and it really reminds me of my last two years of high school. Sneaking out of the house to goto the big parties, trying to hop on some cuties that everybody else in the party wanted to get on and even leaving the party due to an ignorant individual who f***ed up the toilet.


As for the throwback fashion of the week, this one is a definite…STARTER JACKETS!!!
Man, I know everybody I kicked it with during the 90’s wasn’t about anything unless you had on the classic Starter jacket. It didn’t even have to be a specific team…as long as it was big and it had the label on it (which looked like a backwards Z and a star). I ran through my old clothes just to see if I had one, and I still have my Detroit Red Wings jacket. I might have to wash that up and bring it back out during wintertime, just because I still feel cool with it on…



Thanks for tuning in
AND
Til next time,
Stay F.A.D.E.D.

BP

Anybody who is looking to throw in some suggestions for next week’s Throwbacks of the Week segment, email us at ifnotfreshthenwhat@yahoo.com or you can get at any of the founders on Facebook.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All flames, rude, ignorant and offensive comments will be erased.

What do you like?